Welcome to Stonnington Library and Information Service. Our libraries are free and open to all.
Access our Welcome Guide in
We have been awarded the Communication Access Symbol. This symbol recognises that:
- our staff have positive and welcoming attitudes towards all customers
- people with communication difficulties will be given time to get their message across
- important written information is available in different formats
- communication boards are available on request
- we provide a communication friendly phone service and our staff are confident with using the National Relay Service.
Keep an eye out for the Communication Access Symbol which will be proudly displayed at all branches.
We aim to be accessible to all members of our community. Our libraries have ramp entry, lifts, hearing loops, Recharge points, collections in large print and audio formats, literacy books from beginners to advanced, reading aids such as magnifying glasses and some adaptive technology. There are also copies of Council’s resident newsletter available on audio CD.
We have hundreds of thousands of items available to borrow, download or stream. In the collection we have:
We present a host of adult, youth and children’s programs, including storytimes, babytime rhyme and Read and Grow reading sessions, school holiday programs, film screenings, book clubs, book sales, author and book talks, information sessions on new technologies and workshops on a range of lifestyle topics.
All libraries have colour printing and photocopying facilities, meeting rooms available for hire and free WiFi and PC access.
Conditions of Use
On joining the library you agree to the following conditions:
- Present your library card each time you borrow.
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on your library card until returned to the library and processed by staff.
- As a guarantor, accept responsibility for the choice of items borrowed and for use made of the internet and video games by persons under 18.
- Pay replacement and processing costs for any item(s) lost, destroyed or damaged while on loan, apart from damage by reasonable wear and tear.
- Notify the library immediately if your library card is lost or stolen.
- Notify the library of any change in your personal details, such as name and/or address.
- Abide by the City of Stonnington Local Laws 2008.