Loans, Renewals and Reservations
All items can be borrowed free of charge. Search our catalogue to discover our extensive collections.
You may borrow up to 50 items for a period of 3 weeks. Items in high demand have 2 week loans. All items may be renewed twice if they haven’t been reserved by others; this may be done online, in person or by phone.
Items can be renewed online if they are less than 7 days overdue. To renew items that are more than 7 days overdue, please telephone or visit a library.
You may reserve up to 20 items on your card at any one time and will be notified when they become available.
Provide us with your email address to receive email reminders before your items are due.
Items may be returned to any of our Libraries, and via the after hours return chutes. Overdue items incur charges
Overdue charges are incurred if items are lost, damaged, not returned or not renewed by the due date.
Effective 1 July 2018
Overdue charges (no concessions apply):
- Adult items: 25 cents per item per day
- Young adult / junior items: 10 cents per item per day.
Lost / Damaged / Replacement charges:
- Books: Cost of item + $12 processing fee
- Audiovisual items: Cost of item + $12 processing fee
- Magazine: Cost of item + $3.50 processing fee
- Replacement Single Item - Audio Book CD: $17.30 per CD.
- A/V items requiring repackaging: $9 per item
- Item barcode: $4
- Membership card: $4
- Cd Case: $4
- Second-hand book sales: prices vary
- Book strap: $4
- USB Drive: $7.80
- Headphones: $3.00
- Charges do not apply for reservations.