Can't find it?
If you can't find the item you are looking for in our catalogue, you can request a new item or place an Interlibrary Loan request. Charges apply for Interlibrary Loans.
Request an item
Please provide information about the item, such as title, author, ISBN, publisher, publication date and series title.
Place a request for a new item
What happens after you submit your request?
If the library is able to purchase the item, we'll reserve it for you and you’ll receive an email or a letter once it’s available. If we are unable to purchase your item, we'll send a message to your library account.
Please check our catalogue before placing a request for an Interlibrary Loan, and only request items not found in our collections.
Fees for Interlibrary Loans
From another public library $5.00
From a State, Academic or Special Library $28.50
When placing your Interlibrary Loan request, provide as much information about the item as possible, such as title, author, ISBN, publisher, publication date, edition and series title.
- Stonnington Library has no control over what other lending libraries may or may not lend, their response times or loan conditions.
- Borrowers can request up to 10 Interlibrary Loan items.
- You may not renew Interlibrary Loans.
- We will attempt to source your item from another public library. If it is only available at a State, Academic or Special library, we will contact you before proceeding with the request.
- You will be liable for the Interlibrary Loan charge on any item allocated for you, even if you do not collect it. Let the library know as soon as possible if you wish to cancel an Interlibrary Loan.
- Charges for damaged or lost items are set by the lending library and will be applied to your account.
- Late or non-return of an Interlibrary Loan may result in the suspension of this service.
Place an Interlibrary Loan Request