Our libraries are open with limited hours, capacities and visit times. There are no bookings required to visit and our contactless services are still (and will continue to be) available, including Click and Collect and the Vulnerable Communities Library Delivery Service. Return chutes are open 24/7 across all libraries.
Find out more and view our Conditions of Entry.
Stonnington Library and Information Service provides library and information services to residents and visitors of City of Stonnington. Our service is comprised of four libraries (Malvern, Phoenix Park, Prahran Square and Toorak/South Yarra), the Stonnington History Centre and a Home Library Service.
We have hundreds of thousands of items available to borrow, download or stream. In the collection we have:
Conditions of Use
On joining the library you agree to the following conditions:
- Present your library card each time you borrow.
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on your library card until returned to the library and processed by staff.
- As a guarantor, accept responsibility for the choice of items borrowed and for use made of the internet and video games by persons under 18.
- Pay replacement and processing costs for any item(s) lost, destroyed or damaged while on loan, apart from damage by reasonable wear and tear.
- Notify the library immediately if your library card is lost or stolen.
- Notify the library of any change in your personal details, such as name and/or address.
- Abide by the City of Stonnington Local Laws 2008.