Our buildings remain closed, but other services are now available
We’re gradually easing out of restrictions, and our buildings remain closed. We are offering reduced services from Malvern, Phoenix Park and Toorak/South Yarra Libraries. Read more about these services.
Stonnington Library and Information Service provides library and information services to residents and visitors of City of Stonnington. Our service is comprised of four libraries (Malvern, Phoenix Park, Prahran and Toorak/South Yarra), the Stonnington History Centre and a Home Library Service.
We have hundreds of thousands of items available to borrow, download or stream. In the collection we have:
Conditions of Use
On joining the library you agree to the following conditions:
- Present your library card each time you borrow.
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on your library card until returned to the library and processed by staff.
- As a guarantor, accept responsibility for the choice of items borrowed and for use made of the internet and video games by persons under 18.
- Pay replacement and processing costs for any item(s) lost, destroyed or damaged while on loan, apart from damage by reasonable wear and tear.
- Notify the library immediately if your library card is lost or stolen.
- Notify the library of any change in your personal details, such as name and/or address.
- Abide by the City of Stonnington Local Laws 2008.