Movies and music
We have film and music online resources available to stream or download, all free with your library membership.
You may require your library card number (2002900xxxxxxx) and password to access some eLibrary products. Forgot password?
Stream unlimited films from Beamafilm. We welcome you to a fresh take on the best stories set to film. Watch the finest handpicked collection of independent documentaries and feature films.
Beama Streamers: Join us each week at Malvern Library to enjoy a new film from our Beamafilm collection. Then stay on afterwards to chat with others about the film.
Getting started with beamafilm
Instructions for creating an account and using Beamafilm.
Beamafilm is also available as an app for your devices and TV. Download the app from the App store or Google Play.
The Beamafilm TV App is available to download from the app store on your Android TV, Chromecast, or Apple TV.
Kanopy allows you to stream independent, international or classic documentary films and movies from around the world.
Kanopy is also available as an app. Download the app for your mobile device via the AppStore or Google Play Store.
Each month you receive 10 viewing credits. Your credits reset on the first of each month. There are also hundreds of credit free viewing options available.
- General titles = 1 credit, 72 hours viewing access
- Standalone BBC titles = 1 credit, 72 hours viewing access
- BBC series = 1 credit for each season, 48 hours viewing access
- Kanopy Kids = 0 credits (credit free)
Getting started with Kanopy
- Go to Kanopy
- Add your library card number
- Enter your library card number and PIN/Password
- Create your Kanopy User Account by completing the create your account form
- Start watching films!
You will also have been sent a link via email to verify your email address which once you click on the link will take you back into the home page directly. Don’t forget to verify your email address.
Already have an account?
- Go to Kanopy
- Click on the log in box in the top right of the screen
To watch a film:
1. Hold the mouse pointer over the film and click on the orange WATCH button.
2. Click on the play button in the centre of the film screen. Once you hit Play one of your 15 credits will be used. You can watch this movie/documentary for 3 days before it will use another play credit.
3. Once you begin playing you can expand the image by clicking on the full screen button at the bottom right of the film screen.
Freegal Music+ is a free music service provided to you by the library. Download and/or stream music on any compatible device.
You can stream unlimited music and download 5 songs per week (the cap resets every Monday night). You can also watch music videos (each video uses 2 of your weekly downloads).
Music is available for download in mp3 format, no software installation required. Works with PCs and Macs, and transfers to all devices.
Download the app for your mobile device from AppStore or Google Play Store.
Freegal help and instructions.