Can't find it?
Our buildings remain closed, but other services are now available
We’re gradually easing out of restrictions, and our buildings remain closed. We are offering reduced services from Malvern, Phoenix Park and Toorak/South Yarra Libraries. Read more about these services.
If you can't find the item you are looking for in our catalogue, you can either request a new item or place an Interlibrary Loan (charges apply).
Request an item
Please provide as much information about the item as possible, such as title, author, ISBN, publisher, publication date and series title.
Place a request for a new item
What happens after you submit your request?
If the library is able to purchase the item, we'll reserve it for you and you’ll receive an email or a letter once it’s available. If we are unable to purchase your item, we'll send a message to your library account.
From July 1 a new Interlibrary Loan requests system will be in place. During this transition period there may be a delays processing your Interlibrary Loans
Please provide as much information as possible, such as title, author, ISBN publisher, publication date and series title. Only items not found in the Stonnington Library catalogue may be requested, please check our catalogue before placing an Interlibrary Loan request.
From another public library $5.00
From a State, Academic or Special Library $16.50
- Stonnington Library has no control over what other lending libraries may or may not lend, their response times or loan conditions.
- Borrowers can request a maximum of 10 Interlibrary Loan items.
- It is possible to request AV material, with a limit of 5 CDs and 5 DVDs per borrower.
- Interlibrary Loans may not be renewed.
- We will attempt to obtain your item from another public library, however, in the event that it is only available at a State, Academic or Special library, we will contact you before proceeding with the request.
- You will be liable for the Interlibrary Loan charge on any item allocated for you, even if you do not collect it. Let the library know if you wish to cancel an Interlibrary Loan.
- Overdue items will incur overdue fees.
- Charges for damaged or lost items, are set by the lending library.
- Late or non-return of an Interlibrary Loan, may result in the suspension of this service.
Place an Interlibrary Loan request