Toorak/South Yarra Library Closure
The Toorak/South Yarra Library will be closed from Tuesday 2 April until Friday 5 April for major electrical works. The library will reopen at 10am on Saturday 6 April.
The after-hours return chutes will be closed from 8pm, Monday 1 April. There will be no library services from this branch during this time.
The following programs will not be held during this time: Babytime Rhymes, Preschool Storytime, Lego® Builders, Friday Chess Club and Hands-on Technology. Feel free to attend programs at our other libraries.
Upcoming exhibition: The Entrepreneurial Spirit
The Stonnington History Centre's next exhibition showcases local entrepreneurs, their businesses, products and stories. It will include letters written by Anthony Edwin Bowes Kelly, a founder of BHP, who lived in Glenferrie Road, and electric appliances made by the Marriotts in their Hecla factory in Chapel Street. It will launch at 5pm on Wednesday 8 May and finish on Saturday 1 June.
If you or your family consider yourselves local entrepreneurs with a good story to tell and items to share, please contact us on 8290 1360 or email email@example.com to discuss inclusion in our upcoming exhibition. Applications for consideration close on Friday 13 April.
Stonnington Libraries App
The Stonnington Library app has been updated, with a brand new look and feel.
Login to the updated app and you can now
- re-arrange menu items to suit you (see Preferences under My Account);
- login with more than one account (see Linked Accounts under My Account);
- de-authorise a device linked to the login (see Devices under My Account);
- see the items currently on loan and currently reserved (under My Account);
- search the catalogue and place reservations;
- access our eLibrary including eBooks and streaming of music, movies and documentaries;
- access a digital barcode to use when borrowing at any library.
Download the app today