Malvern Library building works
From Monday 29 July to Thursday 29 August, Malvern Library will be undergoing building works to the air conditioning units.
The library will remain open during this time and there may be some disruptions to services while the works are carried out, including the building temperature being cooler than normal.
We apologise for any inconvenience experienced and appreciate your patience during this time.
What's Your Story? Writing Competition
'What's your story?' is an annual writing competition presented by Stonnington Library and Information Service as part of the [untitled] Literary Festival: our writers, readers and stories.
Prizes are awarded for Short Story, Poetry and Creative Story Writing.
Winners will be announced at the [untitled] Literary Festival launch on Thursday 14 November.
Find out more and submit your entry
Read Now at Toorak/South Yarra Library
Discover Stonnington Libraries recently launched collection, Read Now.
Drop in to Toorak/South Yarra Library to borrow and read the latest titles that are trending now. With multiple copies and new titles each month, we’re bringing to you the latest releases and top trending titles to read now.
All items in the Read Now collection must be read and returned within 7 days, and items can be returned to any Stonnington Library.
View titles currently in the Read Now collection.
Stonnington Libraries App
The Stonnington Library app has been updated, with a brand new look and feel.
Login to the updated app and you can now
- re-arrange menu items to suit you (see Preferences under My Account);
- login with more than one account (see Linked Accounts under My Account);
- de-authorise a device linked to the login (see Devices under My Account);
- see the items currently on loan and currently reserved (under My Account);
- search the catalogue and place reservations;
- access our eLibrary including eBooks and streaming of music, movies and documentaries;
- access a digital barcode to use when borrowing at any library.
Download the app today