Accessibility in the Library
We aim to be accessible to all members of our community. Our libraries have ramp entry, lifts, hearing loops, Recharge points, collections in large print and audio formats, literacy books from beginners to advanced, reading aids such as magnifying glasses and some adaptive technology. There are also copies of Council’s resident newsletter available on audio CD.
We are proud to announce that we has been awarded the Communication Access Symbol. This symbol recognises that:
- our staff have positive and welcoming attitudes towards all customers
- people with communication difficulties will be given time to get their message across
- important written information is available in different formats
- communication boards are available on request
- we provide a communication friendly phone service and our staff are confident with using the National Relay Service.
Keep an eye out for the Communication Access Symbol which will be proudly displayed at all branches.
Communication access aims to create a world where people who have communication difficulties are able to communicate successfully with everyone, everywhere.