We’re on our way to making Stonnington a smart city.
What is a smart city?
A smart city uses digital technology, data, and innovation to better serve residents, businesses, and visitors.
Technology provides us with data so that we can solve problems and use insights to improve the way we deliver services and help our our infrastructure work smarter.
What is the Smart City Strategic Framework?
Developed in collaboration with the community, the Smart City Strategic Framework will guide and direct our investment in technology and skills to reach our Future Stonnington vision.
The Framework outlines how Stonnington will become a 'smarter' city around three outcome types:
- Social, like ways to improve digital literacy.
- Environmental, like saving energy from public lighting.
- Economic, like helping visitors and shoppers park more easily.
View the Smart City Strategic Framework(PDF, 5MB).
How will Stonnington become a smart city?
We are investing in lots of projects with smart city technology. These include:
- smart lighting and parking in public places
- sensors to capture data about our city and environment
- radio frequency identification technology (RFID) to manage waste collections
- digital literacy classes
- a new website accessibility tool
- a new way to communicate with residents via a mobile phone app.
These projects are part of our journey to becoming a smarter, more liveable and efficient city, and will provide us with insights to inform future initiatives.
How can I get involved?
Our smart city puts people at the centre, encouraging collaboration, participation and ongoing engagement. If you have feedback or ideas, call 03 8290 1333 or email email@example.com