Concession rates and charges
Certain concession cards let you make claims for reduced Council rates.
State Government Municipal Concession
Some cardholders get the State Government Municipal Concession.
These cardholders pay lower rates on their main residence.
This is 50 percent of their rates. The maximum discount is $253.20 for the 2023-24 financial year.
You may get all or part of this discount.
Which concession cards can get reduced rates?
- Pensioner Concession Card (from Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs)
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card - War Widow
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card - Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
Check if your card is included at Department of Health and Human Services website.
I’m a Veterans’ Affairs POW or EDA pension holder - can I claim?
Yes, you can.
The pension rebate on council rates includes Veterans’ Affairs POW and EDA pension card holders.
Claim rebates on your Council rates with the Department of Health and Human Services Concessions Unit.
Fire Services Property Levy concession
As well as the State Government Municipal Concession, you pay $50 less on the Fire Services Property Levy.
You apply for this in the same way as the rates concession.
You don’t need to apply for it if you already get a pension rebate on your rates.
Applying for concessions
To apply, you need to:
- Fill out the Municipal Rates Concession Application(PDF, 118KB)
- Make sure you have your card (or a copy of it) with the application form.
- Mail the form, take it to a Stonnington Customer Service Centre, or email it to email@example.com
How do I know if my rates are reduced?
Your rates and charges will be discounted. We'll show this on your yearly rates notice.
This notice only changes if your right to get concessions changes.