Feedback and complaints

It's our job to serve the community so we want you to tell us when we get it right, and when we don't.

We've developed a simple online portal to make it easy for you to pass on your feedback.

For assistance with community-related complaints, such as noise, animals, parks, footpaths and building concerns, visit report an issue.

Give feedback

If you've seen or experienced some great service or have a suggestion, simply fill in an online form below to:

Make a complaint

If you are unhappy about the quality of a Council delivered service or the level of service you received from us when trying to resolve or raise an issue, let us know so we can look into it for you.

Simply fill in an online form below to:

Child safety

To make a child safety complaint or raise a child safety concern regarding the alleged behaviour of a Council employee, please email Children and Family Services at

All complaints will be handled in conjunction with the Victorian Child Safety Standards and the Stonnington Complaints Handling Policy. In order to fulfil our legislative requirements, please note in some instances external bodies such as (but not exclusive to) Victoria Police, Child Protection Services and/or Commission for Children and Young People may need to be notified.

For more information regarding the Child Safe Standards and the City of Stonnington’s commitment to child safety, please read our Child Safety Standards.

Parking infringements

To request a parking infringement review or to make enquiries about an infringement please refer to the Stonnington Parking Alliance or call them on 03 9058 6600.

If you are not happy with the outcome of your review, please refer to our parking fines page.

Other ways to submit feedback and complaints


Telephone Interpreting Service logo

If you would like to lodge a complaint in your own language, the free Telephone Interpreting Service is available by calling 131 450 and asking the service operator to contact City of Stonnington on 03 8290 1333.

National Relay Service logo

If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service.

What happens next?

All feedback and complaints are reviewed by their service area.

If you make a complaint, we always aim to resolve your issue the first time you contact us. If this is not possible, and you provide your contact details, we will respond to you within 10 business days.

If we can't resolve it within 10 working days, we'll let you know that the matter is still under investigation. This investigation can take up to 28 business days.

Our review process looks at your complaint fairly and objectively, in line with our Complaints Handling Policy(PDF, 538KB) and Stonnington Service Standards.

What if I am unsatisfied with the outcome of my complaint?

If we are unable to resolve your complaint, we'll clearly explain why.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint – or if the complaint remains unresolved – you can seek assistance from the Victorian Ombudsman.