How to apply
Gather your documents
Each applicant will need to provide a Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance covering a minimum of $20 million.
Depending on your activities, you may also need to provide the following when you apply:
- proof your organisation is registered under the Fundraising Appeals Act 1998
- written approval from the business if conducting activities from a fixed point in front of a business in the Chapel Street or Glenferrie Road shopping precincts.
Read the terms and conditions
As part of applying for a Fundraising Permit, you understand and agree to the terms and conditions.
- The permit is only valid for promotional activities, street sampling and fundraising within the City of Stonnington.
- All fundraising permits are restricted to four-hour activity periods, either 9 am to 1 pm or 1 pm to 5 pm.
- No street sales may be conducted within nine metres of an intersection, pedestrian crossing, or tram or bus stop.
- Street sales are also not allowed within 18 metres of a school crossing or where the location of a stall may cause undue obstruction to pedestrians.
- Requests for setting up a table, stand, stall, trestle or similar will only be considered if you have public liability insurance cover of a minimum of $20 million, indicating the City of Stonnington as an interested party.
- Use of the footpath is determined by Council and is not to be obstructed. A clear walking space of 1.8m (measured from the building line) must always be maintained.
- No promotional activities, street sampling or fundraising may be conducted in front of a business unless the trader has given their consent. Permit holders or their agents are to immediately relocate their position in the street if the trader requests them to move.
- If a permit is granted for fundraising in the Chapel Street Precinct, this activity will be restricted to outside the Prahran Town Hall in Chapel Street, Prahran.
- If a permit is granted for fundraising in the Glenferrie Road shopping precinct in Malvern, this activity will be restricted to the intersection of Glenferrie Road and Winter Street.
- Promotional, street sampling and fundraising activities during the month of December are prohibited.
- One company may apply for five activity periods per application. You can have a maximum of two applications per year (an annual total of 10 activity periods).
- A minimum of 14 business days notice is required.
- Applications will not be considered if there are more than six months before the proposed date of the activity.
- While conducting the activity, all staff must have a copy of the permit with them.
- All staff must comply with any direction given by an authorised Council officer or member of Victoria Police.
- All applications will be considered on the grounds of availability of dates and times.
- All promotional, street sampling and fundraising activities must only use passive methods. The use of intimidating, confronting or aggressive methods is prohibited, and any permit holder found breaching this condition will have their permit revoked. This may also affect future applications.
- Council reserves the right to give preference to Stonnington-based organisations.
Complete the application
Download and complete the Promotional Activities, Street Sampling or Fundraising Permit Application Form(PDF, 839KB).
Send your application
Email your completed form to email@example.com
Or mail to:
City of Stonnington
PO Box 58
Receive your permit
We will send your permit both via email and post.