To find a playgroup in your area, visit the Playgroup Victoria website.
Start a playgroup
Interested in starting a playgroup? It’s easy – all you need is a couple of friends and a place to meet. For more information visit Start a Playgroup at Playgroup Victoria.
Take part in our Smalltalk Playgroup
Are you a parent or carer looking to support or enhance your child's learning and development? Smalltalk has been funded by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services to improve the learning outcomes of children living in families that can benefit from additional support.
- free 10 week playgroup for families with children aged from birth to five years
- get tips to help your child's learning and development
- meet other families with young children in your local area
- fun activities
- free in-home support sessions
Eligibility criteria for parents and carers
- A family member in the household must hold a valid concession card, such as a Health Care Card, Carers Card or Pension Card (or visa equivalent for refugees and migrants),
- Be a family in which a family member identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander,
- Be a family looking after children in kinship care arrangements, or
- Be a family referred from Child First, Child Protection or Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Services.
Operating hours during school terms
- Monday 10am - 12pm at Central Park, 116 Burke Rd, Malvern East
- Tuesday 10am -12pm at Grattan Gardens Community Centre, Grattan St, Prahran.
For more information call 8290 1333 or email our playgroup leader Claire McCorkell at email@example.com.
Prahran Community Learning Centre
Prahran Community Learning Centre offers a variety of services to Stonnington residents including occasional childcare and parent-run playgroups. PCLC also delivers accredited and pre-accredited courses and programs including After School Art, Certificate II and III in Visual Arts, VCAL, English, Pre-accredited Art Classes, as well as Health & Wellbeing programs such as Exercise, Yoga and Budget Cooking.
Neighbourhood houses provide a place for people to come together and connect with other residents. They provide a range of services and activities from playgroups to art classes and disability support. To find out more go to Neighbourhood Houses Victoria.
Phoenix Park Neighbourhood House
Phoenix Park Neighbourhood House is a not-for-profit community organisation offering a diverse range of activities and classes. It is a safe and welcoming environment that is accessible and affordable for all members of the community.
Bookings are essential for all courses at Phoenix Park. For more information, phone us on 8290 1333 or visit us at 22 Rob Roy Road, Malvern East.