Local Law permits - Building

An Local Law permit or consent must be obtained prior to commencement of building works, according to the requirements of City of Stonnington Local Laws(PDF, 2MB) and the Road Management Act 2004.

You can find out more information about general Local Laws that aren’t related to building works on this section of our website. Or you can contact Council on 03 8290 1333.

Contact Liveability and Compliance Unit

  • In person: Stonnington City Centre Ground Floor, 311 Glenferrie Road, Malvern, Victoria
  • By post: Liveability and Compliance Unit - PO Box 58, Malvern, Victoria 3144
  • Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
  • Phone: 03 8290 1333
  • Fax: 03 9521 2255
  • Email: amenity@stonnington.vic.gov.au