Report an issue

Find your concern below and follow the instructions to submit your customer service request.

If you need assistance, please call Customer Service on 03 8290 1333.

Snap Send Solve

Report any issue you see around Stonnington on your phone through the Snap Send Solve app. You can take a photo of the problem and identify the location - the issue will be sent directly to us to resolve.

Download from the Apple or Google Play app store.

Send a request


Try to resolve noise issues with your neighbour first before reporting noise concerns. They may not be aware they are causing unreasonable noise.

Report building construction noise

Report animal noise

Report commercial noise

Report alarms

Report entertainment noise from licensed premises

Report noise from delivery vehicles

Report waste collection noise

Report all other noise

Graffiti and vandalism

Request graffiti removal

You can also report graffiti on our graffiti hotline at 1800 067 072.

Vandalism in progress should be reported to Victoria Police.

Collect a Graffiti Removal Kit from one of our Customer Service centres.

Animals and pests

Report a barking dog

Report lost animals

Report feeding of stray animals and birds

Report bees and wasps

Report rodents

If you have found an animal or want to report an animal attack, call us at 03 8290 1333.

For more information on animals such as pet registration, adoption and off-lead parks, visit our pets page.

Bins and dumped rubbish

You can report the following issues online:

  • Broken or damaged bin
  • Abandoned bin
  • Bin not brought in after collection
  • Bin not emptied
  • Issue with public or park bin
  • Missing bin
  • Dumped rubbish

Report now

For more information on bins and rubbish collection, visit bins and collections.

Trees, parks and gardens

Request repair of park furniture, barbeques and equipment

Report public toilet issues

Report tree issues

Issues with trees can include:

  • requests about fallen trees and branches, pruning, root problems, removal of dead trees
  • applications for a Tree Works Permit on our trees page.

If you believe park equipment or tree is dangerous please call us at 03 8290 1333.

Dangerous and unsightly premises

Report dangerous and unsightly buildings or land

Report premises that are unsightly or detrimental to the general amenity of the neighbourhood such as fire hazards or noxious weeds.

Roads, footpaths and drainage

Please note: while we manage most roads in the city, some major routes are the responsibility of VicRoads. To ensure you are reporting road issues to the correct authority, please check the list on VicRoads managed roads.

Request maintenance and repair of roads

Request maintenance and repair of footpaths

Request maintenance and repair of signs

Request maintenance and repair of kerbs and gutters

If you believe the issue at hand is hazardous or dangerous, contact us at 03 8290 1333.

Traffic signals

To report faulty traffic signals visit the Vic Roads website:

Report traffic signals

Abandoned vehicles

To report an abandoned vehicle call us at 03 8290 1333.

For more information, visit report an abandoned vehicle.

Rates notice reprint


Report busking without a permit

Apply for footpath trading or busking permits on the Business permit page.


Report homelessness and people sleeping rough

For more information on homelessness and what our Local Law officers can do, visit the homelessness page.

If the person is unwell or at risk of harming themselves, please call 000.

Burning off (incinerators, fires and BBQs)

To request an investigation of an unregulated burning off, contact Council at or call 03 8290 1333.

Incinerators and fires

According to the City of Stonnington Local Law 2018(PDF, 2MB), a person must not start a fire or allow it to remain alight on land or in the open air without a permit unless:

  • that person is an authorised person by a Public Body engaged in fire protection measures
  • the fire is in a barbecue.

Barbeques (BBQs)

An owner, occupier, or person in charge of land must not let their barbecue discharge ashes or smoke to an extent that is dangerous to the health of other people.


The owner and occupier of any land must not allow smoke to be emitted from a chimney that causes nuisance.

Illegal use of Council land

Report illegal use of Council land

This includes obstructions, camping and repairing vehicles.

Other requests

If you can't find what you want to report in the list above, you can make a general customer service request.

Make a customer service request