Our annual Stonnington Volunteer Awards celebrate people and community groups whose commitment to volunteering makes a difference to our local community, positively impacts the lives of others and makes the City of Stonnington a better place to live.
Nominations for the 2023 Stonnington Volunteer Awards are now closed. Entries closed at 5 pm on Monday 31 July 2023.
The awards were presented at an event on 25 October 2023. Read about this year's winners.
Nominations may be made for the following award categories:
- Community Service
- Young Person
- Community Group
- Environmental Sustainability
- Arts & Culture
Nominees don’t need to live in Stonnington but must have made a substantial contribution to the municipality through their volunteering.
Community Groups must be a group active within Stonnington with at least four members.
Nominees for the Young Person award must be aged 25 years or younger at 31 July 2023.
Nominees cannot be previous winners of a City of Stonnington Citizen of the Year, Young Citizen of the Year or Community Group of the Year Award, or a prior winner of a Stonnington Volunteer Award.
Key selection criteria
The awards recognise people who have made an outstanding achievement or contribution towards our community through their hard work and dedication to volunteering.
Your nomination must address:
- how the nominee has made an outstanding contribution, through volunteering, to the Stonnington community in 2023, or over a number of years
- how the nominee shows leadership or acts as a positive role model for other community members or organisations
- how the nominee has made a positive impact on the lives of others
- any other awards received by the nominee.
Nominations must include a referee who is familiar with the achievements outlined in the nomination.
Supporting materials such as photographs, media, promotional materials or letters of support can also be supplied to strengthen the application.
Nominations will be considered by an evaluation panel. The panel consists of Councillors and prior award winners.
The awards will be presented at an event on Wednesday 25 October 2023.
The City of Stonnington will notify all nominees of their nomination within two weeks of receiving a nomination.
Conditions of entry
- Nominations must be on the official form (one nomination per form).
- Entries open on Saturday 1 July 2023 and close on Monday 31 July at 5 pm.
- Individuals and organisations may submit nominations.
- Information submitted in the nomination remains the property of the City of Stonnington.
- All enquiries and information submitted in relation to the awards will remain confidential (with the exception of winners) unless permission is obtained by the City of Stonnington.
- Individuals or groups who are nominated may be considered for a category other than the one they are nominated in.
- Nominees, nominators or referees may be contacted for further information by City of Stonnington staff.
- The City of Stonnington will notify all nominees of their nomination within two weeks of receiving a nomination. At this time, nominees will receive a copy of their official nomination form, including the names of their nominator and referee.
- The City of Stonnington will conduct a background check for all nominees, of information available on the public record.
- The City of Stonnington's decision in relation to the awards is final, and no correspondence will be entered into relating to the decision.
Past award winners
View past winners of the 2021, 2022 and 2023 Stonnington Volunteer Awards.