The online community directory enables residents to connect with local groups clubs and community organisations Stonnington (Community Directory).
The Community Directory will provide local community groups, clubs, and eligible community based organisations with a free directory listing and the ability to publish events on the website.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions the administrator is deemed to be The City of Stonnington Council and those staff officers involved in creating or maintaining the platform.
To be eligible for the community directory and to be assessed for potential inclusion into the community directory, your group must:
- be based within Stonnington, AND
- be either a community-based group OR not-for-profit organisation (with supporting documentary evidence for Council determination).
- The Community Directory will not list for-profit services, commercial business listings or political organisations. Exceptions may be considered upon Council sole discretion whereby an organisation primarily offers services delivered by a health professional or like generic service provider. For example, a community health centre.
- Only legitimate groups, clubs and organisations whose activities are deemed non-discriminatory and lawful community-based groups or not-for-profit organisations within Stonnington will be considered.
- The Council has the sole and absolute discretion to decide whether an organisation’s profile is listed.
- Upon selection by Council, you must submit a generic and valid email address or phone number, applicable to your organisation in order to create a secure “MyContent” user account that you will use to submit and maintain your listing.
- Once logged into your “MyContent” user account you can submit your listing by selecting and filling out the relevant form fields found on your dashboard. As a submitter, you must ensure that you have the rights to use and distribute any supplied images.
- Review and submission of your listing by Council: Following the submission of your listing Council will review this prior to publication to the Community Directory. It may take up to seven business days for Council to review and approve your request to be listed in the Community Directory.
- Following publication of your listing you will automatically be sent review notifications every six months.
If you need to make any changes to your listing, you can do this in the ‘Manage Pages’ section of your account.
Emails that Council send to you will be auto-generated and come from email@example.com – please make sure you add this to your ‘safe sender’ list as some email clients have strict spam filters that may send correspondence to your junk mail folder.