COVID-19 UPDATE: Changes to parking restriction enforcement and car park fees
Following the Victorian Government declaring a State of Disaster and the subsequent move to Stage 4 COVID-19 stay-at-home restrictions, we have eased enforcement of some parking restrictions and made changes at some council car parks.
To avoid a possible fine, please take note of the following enforcement protocols that currently apply.
Safety and Obstruction restrictions
We will enforce:
- Clearway and No Stopping signs
- Loading Zone, Truck Zone, Mail Zone, Bus Zone and Taxi Zone signs
- No Parking signs on main arterial roads and other areas only on request
- Obstructions such as driveways, within 10m of an intersection and footpaths
- Disabled parking bays
At present, we are not enforcing any on-street time restrictions.
We are also not enforcing time restrictions (1P, 2P and 4P) in any off-street car parks.
- Restrictions may only be enforced on complaint
- Discretion will be applied if parking is generally available within reasonable walking distance
- No parking 'street sweeping' restrictions will not be enforced
Parking patrol hours have been revised in line with current COVID curfew restrictions.
Council car parks
Pay and display car parks will not require payment of fees until at least 31 October 2020.
Payment will still be required at the following pay on exit car parks:
Elizabeth Street, South Yarra (Prahran Market)
The following car parks are closed for casual users:
MacFarlan Street, South Yarra
King Street, Prahran