COVID-19 UPDATE: Changes to parking restriction enforcement and car park fees
Following the Victorian Government declaring a State of Disaster and the subsequent move to Stage 4 COVID-19 stay-at-home restrictions, we have eased enforcement of some parking restrictions and made changes at some council car parks.
To avoid a possible fine, please take note of the following enforcement protocols that currently apply.
Safety and Obstruction restrictions
We will enforce:
- Clearway and No Stopping signs
- Loading Zone, Truck Zone, Mail Zone, Bus Zone and Taxi Zone signs
- No Parking signs on main arterial roads and other areas only on request
- Obstructions such as driveways, within 10m of an intersection and footpaths
We will enforce on street:
We will only enforce time restrictions in the following off street carparks that support supermarkets with a 30 minute grace period provided:
- Jackson Street car park
- Winter Street car park
- May Road car park
We will not enforce time restrictions (1P, 2P and 4P) in all other off-street car parks.
- Restrictions may only be enforced on complaint
- Discretion will be applied if parking is generally available within reasonable walking distance
- No parking 'street sweeping' restrictions will not be enforced
Patrol hours have been revised in line with the Stage 4 COVID-19 curfew (7am to 8pm Monday to Saturday, 9am to 8pm Sunday).
Council car parks
Until 30 September 2020 parking fees will not be required at any pay and display car parks.
Payment will still be required at the following pay on exit car parks between 5am and 8pm:
Elizabeth Street, South Yarra (Prahran Market)
The following car parks are closed for casual users:
MacFarlan Street, South Yarra
King Street, Prahran