Originally, the site of a natural spring had been used by the Wurundjeri people. The 13 acres of land were set aside in 1866 to supply the developing suburb with water. Work began to convert the reserve into Malvern's first public garden in 1888 and continued over the next 20 years.
For more information, contact the Stonnington History Centre.
The nearest public transport services are:
Use Public Transport Victoria's Journey planner.
1275/1277 High St, Malvern 3144 View Map
1275/1277 High St ,