There is parking for caterers and unloading in the compound at the rear of the Town Hall. There are 60 4-hour parking spaces at the rear of the Town Hall between 9am-6pm Monday to Friday.
Venue officer and key access
The venue is heritage listed and requires a Council Venue Officer present at all times to ensure that the conditions of hire are followed.
On the day the Venue Officer will provide facility information, open and lock the doors, and oversee emergency and safety procedures. The Venue Officer will go over a briefing sheet with you before and after your function, to make sure requirements are addressed to ensure your full bond is returned.
Post-event cleanup and storage
- Pack up your belongings, and take down decorations after your event. Furniture will be packed up by cleaners.
- Dispose of all rubbish in the bins and garbage bags provided. Food scraps must be tied up in bags, recycling placed in correct bins with cardboard flattened.
- Kitchen surfaces must be wiped clean with all crumbs and food scraps cleared.
- Mop the floors, clean the stove and oven, and remove oil from the deep fryer.
- Rinse and wring mop after use, do not leave water in bucket.
If you need to leave anything behind in the venue you can pre-arrange this with the Venue Officer.
You are responsible for attendees, caterers or contractors vacating on time. Staying overtime will incur additional charges of double the hourly rate.
Extra hours can be pre-arranged at a cost of $375 per hour.
Seated balcony area
There is fixed seating at the Malvern Town Hall balcony for 150 people.
Amusement rides and inflatables
Include these documents for approval to use small amusement rides and inflatables:
- Business registration from the equipment company.
- Public liability insurance from the equipment company.
- Risk management plan for all equipment.
Partysafe is a Victoria Police initiative where you can register your party with the police to minimise the risks to safety. You can register online or at your local police station.
If there will be alcohol at your function and you do not have a liquor license, please register for Partysafe and forward your stamped form to email@example.com.