How to apply
Apply for a liquor license, if required
Apply for a liquor license from the Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission.
Read the policy
Make sure you read and understand the Licensed Premises Policy.
Prepare your documents
Your application will need to include the following:
- A copy of title and relevant lot plan (available from the Landata website).
- Proposed hours of operation and patron numbers.
- The nature and location of uses surrounding the site.
- The number of on-site car parking spaces.
- The red-line plan (i.e. the area proposed to serve alcohol). The plan should include a layout of the site showing the seating areas, key fixtures and fittings and proposed maximum patron numbers.
- A noise amenity and action plan, identifying noise sources and details of any music to be played at the venue.
- An assessment by a registered building surveyor detailing the patron capacity of the licensed premise.
Submit your application
Apply for a permit on our ePlanning website.
Join the Stonnington Liquor Accord (optional)
The Stonnington Liquor Accord is a group of licensed premises business owners/operator who share a common aim.
- encourage and implement best practice in the management of licensed premises and the immediate external environment
- promote responsible standards of behaviour to maximise the safety of everyone in and around our City
- maintain high operational standards to ensure patrons enjoy their experience
- provide training opportunities and pilot programs to ensure best practice.
Membership to the group is free and is open to all Stonnington businesses who hold a liquor license.
The Stonnington Liquor Accord meets quarterly with representatives from Council, Victoria Police and the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation to discuss current issues.
The Accord also runs member training programs on:
- emergency management
- advanced RSA
- conflict resolution
- mental health first aid.
If you would like to know more or become a member, contact the Liquor Accord at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 8290 1333.