Step foot into Prahran Market and experience something special.
Home to a community of friendly traders and locals, shop the highest quality fruit and veg, the widest range of certified organic produce, sustainable seafood and free-range meat and poultry.
Whatever you need, the Market is your go-to for creating an exceptional foodie experience at home and so much more.
The traders and business owners at Prahran Market know their product.
Want to know how to cook that perfect steak? Ash and Gary from Gary’s Quality Meats can help you. Want to know how to look after your knives? Terry from Prahran Market Hardware can help you. Want to know what seafood is in season? The team at Claringbold's Quality Seafood can help you.
Tap into expert advice and the passion of people who live and breathe their products every day.
Brighten up any day with a bunch of fresh market flowers and a new plant from Clara’s Flowers, Flawless Flowers and Prahran Garden Centre.
Bring beauty into your home and make someone smile with the range of freshly cut flowers, arrangements, potted plants and garden pots.
Prahran Market really is the food lovers market. Browse the corridors of vibrant fruit and vegetables, discover premium meats from trusted and dedicated butchers, and find the freshest fish from the local fishmongers.
Whatever ingredient you’re in need of, you’ll find it at the market’s assortment of gourmet delis and specialty food and beverage stores.
More specialty services
In and around the market are a selection of helpful speciality services, from shoe repairs and a newsagent to architects and accountants there’s an answer to every need you have.
Get a clean cut shave at the barber or add a cutting edge to your brow at the brow bar.
Whether you want to pick up a new instrument or are looking for free legal advice, Prahran Market is home to a wide range of specialty services.
Check the list of services and tick things off your to do list.
Prahran Market has an inspiring range of sweet treats and yummy titbits for any occasion.
- Stir the Pot offers vegan and gluten free cakes.
- Sweet Greek has traditional Greek delectable cakes.
- Grab a croissant or fruit Danish from Noisette.
- On the weekends grab an award winning organic gelato from Fritz Gelato.
- Traditional rose water Turkish delight and 30 different flavours from Turkish Delight by Neheda’s Choice.
- The Sweet and Nut Shop carries everything from rocky road, lollies, nuts and chocolate covered sweets.
- Along with their long list of spices and nuts, 53 Degrees East, offers a large range of dried fruits for those who prefer dates and sultanas as a sweet snack.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these treats and more.
Located at 163 Commercial Road, South Yarra, there are plenty of options to get you to the Market.
Make your way to Prahran Station via the Sandringham line. A short stroll up Greville Street and Porter Street gets you to Commercial Road.
Tram no. 72 will take you from Swanston Street in Melbourne's CBD to stop no. 30, right outside the Market.
Buses 216/219 and 220 depart from corner of Queen Street and Flinders Lane in Melbourne's CBD. Make sure they are heading towards Brighton Beach or Gardenvale. Hop off at stop no.14 on Commercial Road.
Plan your journey to Prahran Market with Public Transport Victoria’s journey planner.
- The Elizabeth Street car park is located behind the Market.
- Prahran Square Car Park (entrance on Izett Street) is a short walk away.
- There are limited one hour spaces in surrounding streets for that quick pop in.