Apply for a Personal Training Permit

If you want to operate personal training sessions in Council parks and reserves, you’ll need a permit.  

In line with the sporting seasons, permits are available for six months: 

  • Summer from 1 October to 31 March
  • Winter from 1 April to 30 September 

This permit is only for personal training outdoors in Council parks or reserves.

If you are opening a business that offers personal training in a home or commercial property, you may need a Planning Permit.

If you are not sure what permits you need, use our Permit Finder.

How to apply

Gather your documents

To apply, you'll need to provide copies of:

  • Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance covering a minimum of $10 million
  • a site-specific risk management plan
  • evidence of registration with Fitness Australia or another recognised peak body or educational institution.

Read the terms and conditions

As part of applying for a Personal Training Permit, you understand and agree to the terms and conditions.

Complete the application

Download and complete the application form(PDF, 344KB).

Send your application

Email your completed form to

Or mail to:
City of Stonnington
PO Box 58
Malvern 3144

Application assessed

Applications are assessed according to the park's existing use, physical condition, and impact on our community's enjoyment of the park.

Receive your permit

There are three possible outcomes of your application:

  • We approve your application and issue a permit.
  • We issue a limited permit with restrictions on the group size or number, type, location and time of activities.
  • We choose not to approve a permit.

If successful, we will send your permit in the mail, or you can request to pick it up from one of our Customer Service Centres.