Past Volunteer Award winners
Volunteering positively impacts our community and makes our city a better place to live, work and play.
The Stonnington Volunteer Awards recognise Volunteers who have made an outstanding contribution in the City of Stonnington.
Lefteris Patlamazoglou, Inclusion Melbourne
In recognition from Her Worship the Mayor, Cr Jami Klisaris, for outstanding voluntary services to the community in the Community Services category — volunteer activities which support community members and promote inclusion, respect and equity.
Quentin Kynoch, St Joseph’s Outreach Services
Paul Rake, Rotary Club Chadstone/East Malvern
Robyn Bouse, Blind Sports and Recreation Victoria
Recognising volunteer activities which support community members and promote inclusion, respect and equity. Examples may include:
- participation in local groups
- involvement with charity and non-profit organisations
- advocating for change
- being a mentor or positive role model for others.
Patrick Mount, St Kevin’s Amateur Football Club
Recognising the work of individuals in sporting clubs or groups who show commitment to enhancing community health and fitness. Examples may include:
- development programs
- demonstrating open and inclusive club culture
- initiating innovative activities.
Arts and Culture
Wendy Hughes-Chuck, Duldig Studio Museum and Sculpture Garden
Recognising volunteers that support the creative sector. Examples may include:
- providing services and expertise to support artistic outcomes across not-for-profit theatre, galleries, films, performances
- developing networks and advocacy for arts and culture groups
- being a mentor or positive role model within the local arts sector
- showing commitment to enhancing diversity and inclusivity across the arts.
To be eligible
- Nominees do not need to live in Stonnington but must have made a substantial contribution to the municipality through their volunteering.
- Community Groups must be a group active within Stonnington with at least four members.
- Nominees for the Young Person award must be aged 25 years or younger at 30 July 2022.
- Nominees cannot be previous winners of a City of Stonnington Citizen of the Year, Young Citizen of the Year or Community Group of the Year award.
For more information, view the Stonnington Volunteer Awards Policy(PDF, 612KB) or contact the Volunteer Capacity Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners Stonnington Volunteer Awards 2021
Mayor’s Award: Krysty Green
Community Service: Donald Jones, Elpiniky Papakirikou, and Rosemary Johnston
Young Person: Athena Stathoulis
Community Group: St John Ambulance, Highly commended: Rewilding Stonnington
Sport: Chandan Kulkarni, Highly commended: Matt Meier
Environmental Sustainability: Zac Chu
Arts and Culture: David Woods, Highly commended: John McLennan, Neville Smith