Hoarding and barricades
Hoarding and barricades protect the public during construction and keep construction site secure at all times.
You must have a permit in place before putting up hoarding, a protective barrier or temporary fencing on Council land.
If a hoarding is required for a building permit, you’ll need a Report and Consent - Precautions Over Street from Council before the building permit is issued.
When you have your Report and Consent, you can apply for a hoarding permit.
Applying for hoarding and barricades
Apply for hoarding and barricades through eServices portal
You need to provide with your application:
- A completed application form(DOC, 2MB).
- A fully-scaled, detailed site plan indicating the size and site of the hoarding. The plan should also include physical constraints such as pits, poles, drainage points and street trees.
- Detailed traffic management plans.
- A copy of a current certificate of public liability insurance for $20 million.
You may also need to provide:
- Regulation 116 approval
- VicRoad Memorandum of Authorisation (MoA)
- Yarra Trams consent
- State authority / utility approvals
We need a minimum of 10 days to assess applications. If further internal referrals are needed, we will need longer than 10 days.
Application fee: $191
Occupation fee per m2/week: $9.80 (capped at $1000 per week)
Fast track fee: $100 (subject to approval and eligibility)
For more information, call us on 03 8290 1333 or email email@example.com