How to apply
Gather your documents
You will need a Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance for a minimum of $20 million, covering the period of the event.
Read the terms and conditions
As part of applying for a Temporary Advertising on Council Land Permit, you understand and agree to the terms and conditions.
- The proposed sign must not exceed five square metres.
- The sponsor's logo or name can only take up to 25 per cent of the total area on the sign.
- An organisation can only place one sign design at two different sites in approved locations as specified on the permit.
- Signs may be displayed for up to three weeks before the event and must be removed by the expiry date specified on the permit.
- Signs must be freestanding and cannot be attached to trees, light poles, Council assets, buildings or any other structure unless stated otherwise.
- Signs must be structurally sound, maintained in a clean condition and not obstruct or obscure motor vehicles or pedestrians.
- Signs must be of a professional quality and not illuminated in any way.
- Failure to comply with the conditions of the permit may result in a breach of the City of Stonnington General Local Law 2018 (No.1). Council reserves the right to remove any signs and charge for the cost of removal. An applicable fine may be issued to the organisation concerned.
- The organisation must pay for all costs to install and remove the signs.
Submit an application
To apply, contact our Local Laws team at email@example.com with:
- name of your organisation
- type of event
- time, date and location of your event
- ideal locations for the signs
- your documents
- Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance covering a minimum of $20 million.
If there is more than one application for the same location, the first application to meet all criteria will be approved.
Receive your application
Once approved, we will email you the permit.
We will also include a map indicating where the signs must be placed.