A works zone permit is required for designated parking of vehicles adjacent to the property during construction. The permit is issued for a minimum of six months in front of the construction site.
Applications can take 20 working days to be assessed and processed.
It’s possible to apply for an extension of time. Such an extension will be granted upon payment of the relevant fee after we assess the effect such an extension will have on the neighbourhood.
Work zone permits are only valid during the following hours:
- Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
- Saturday: 9am to 3pm.
It’s also important to remember that:
- all clearway restrictions override permits
- payment must be made prior to any sign installation
- the permit is not effective until signs are installed
- works zone permits don’t cover placement of bins or construction equipment on public land - you’ll need a separate permit for this activity.
You will need to provide the following with your application:
- a completed application form(DOC, 311KB)
- the applicable payment (refer to Fees below)
- a fully dimensioned site plan showing the proposed road area, any existing parking control signage and any council furniture or infrastructure.
You can submit the application by emailing email@example.com or by mail (using the address on the form).
You can contact us at 8290 1333.
Application fee for signage & installation: $440
- Single Dwelling (1-3 Bays for 6 months): $358
- Dual Occupancy (1-3 Bays for 6 months): $2,282
- Commercial (1-3 Bays for 6 months): $4,770