We are preparing a new housing strategy. The aim of the strategy is to provide a framework to manage the future of housing in Stonnington.
- How much new housing we need
- What types of housing we need
- Where we should put new housing, and
- Other issues, such as what infrastructure is needed to support growth.
The strategy will influence housing for current and future residents, in a way that will enhance the City's character and liveability.
Strategy development timeline
The strategy will happen over stages, including two rounds of community consultation.
Council looks at issues and opportunities. It examines:
- Population forecasts
- Development trends
- Local and state government policy, and
- Feedback from council officers, Councillors and state government service providers.
|Early to mid 2019
Stage 1 community engagement helps draft the strategy.
- 'Shaping our Neighbourhoods' meeting
- Community panel
- Focus group discussions
- Online survey
- Pop-up information stalls, and
- Library drop-in sessions.
Over 600 people join in, and 1400 people visit the project website.
What we heard will shape the draft strategy development.
||Development of draft housing strategy affected by state government policy change.
Council reviews its neighbourhood character precincts.
Findings will shape the draft housing strategy.
Review and update draft strategy.
Draft housing strategy complete.
||Stage 2 community engagement on draft housing strategy.
||Final housing strategy adopted.
For more information, see the draft Housing Strategy or call the City Futures team on 03 8290 1395.