Freedom of Information
Under the Freedom of Information Act, individuals have the right to access particular documents from Council.
Documents for inspection
In accordance with Clause 12 of the Local Government (General) Regulations 2015 the following documents are available for public inspection. If copies are not available on our website they can be viewed at our customer service centre at 311 Glenferrie Road, Malvern.
- Documents containing details of overseas or interstate travel (with exceptions) undertaken in an official capacity by any Councillor or any member of Council staff in the previous 12 months, including the names of the Councillor, or member of Council staff and the dates on which the travel began and ended, destination, purpose and total cost of the overseas or interstate travel, including accommodation costs.
- Agendas for, and minutes of, ordinary and special meetings held in the previous 12 months kept under section 93 of the Local Government Act 2020 (the Act), other than those agendas and minutes relating to a part of a meeting which was closed to members of the public under section 89 of the Act and are confidential information within the meaning of section 77(2) of the Act.
- Minutes of meetings of special committees established under section 86 of the Act and held in the previous 12 months, other than those minutes relating to a part of a meetings which was closed to members of the public under section 89 of the Act; and are confidential information within the meaning of section 77(2) of the Act.
- A register of delegations kept under sections 87(1), and 98(4) of the Act, including the dates on which the last review under sections 86(6) and98(6) of the Act took place.
- Documents containing details of all leases involving land which were entered into by the Council as lessor, including the lessee and the terms and the value of the lease.
- A register maintained under section 224(1A) of the Act of authorised officers appointed under this section.
- A list of donations and grants made by the Council during the previous twelve months, including the names of persons or bodies who have received a donation or grant and the amount of each donation or grant.
To arrange an inspection call our Civic Support Officer on 8290 1333.
Request document inspection
All requests to inspect a document must be made in writing.
Download Freedom of Information Request(DOCX, 444KB) form.
Access may be given to documents to inspect, photocopy, view images, listen to audio and view written transcript.
Access may be denied where the request infringes copyright, document preservation or cause unreasonable interference with Council operations.
| Application fee (paid on submission of application)
| Photocopying (per A4 page)
| Search fee
||$22.21 per hour
| Supervised inspection (per 15 minutes)
Additional fees may be charged for making a written transcript of a recording, listening to a recording or providing access in an alternate form.
If the fee exceeds $50 we will contact you for approval to proceed and a deposit will be required.
Please note: Fees may be reduced or waived if deemed to cause hardship. To waive or reduce fees evidence much be provided (current healthcare or pension card, income details).