Road Occupation Permit
You need to apply for a Road Occupation Permit if you intend to occupy Council land while conducting any of the following activities:
- Carrying out construction works or using a concrete pump.
- Using a mobile crane or travel tower. (If you apply for a crane permit, and the crane overhangs or encroaches above a property not related to your works, you need to supply evidence of written consent by the owner of the airspace.)
- Storing building materials, plants, equipment, site sheds or machinery.
Apply for Road Occupation Permit
Apply for Road Occupation Permit via eServices portal
As part of the application, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Application fee for road occupation permit: $172
- Occupation fee if applicable (for storage materials, site sheds, etc): $9 per m² / week
- Cranes & Lifting Devices fee if applicable: $240 per day
Hoarding and barricades
Hoarding and barricades are used to protect the public during construction and to secure a site when it’s unattended. You must have a permit in place before erecting hoarding, a protective barrier or temporary fencing on Council land.
If a hoarding is required in relation to a building permit you’ll need to obtain Report and Consent - Precautions Over Street from Council before the building permit can be issued.
When you’ve been issued with your Report and Consent you can apply for a hoarding permit.
Applying for hoarding and barricades
Apply for hoarding and barricades via eServices portal
You need to provide the following with your application:
- A completed application form(DOC, 2MB).
- A fully scaled, detailed site plan indicating the size and site of the hoarding. The plan should also include physical constraints such as pits, poles, drainage points and street trees.
- A detailed traffic management plan.
- A copy of a current certificate of public liability for $20 million.
- Application fee for hoarding permit: $172
- Occupation fee (capped at $836 per week): $7 per m² / week
If you’d like more information about Road Occupation Permits or anything else mentioned on this page, you can contact us on 8290 1333 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.