Our aged care services are for:
- older residents
- people with a disability, and
- their carers.
The way you access services is different for people aged over and under 65 years.
People under 65 years
Please call mecwacare on 03 8573 4888 from 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
They will see if you can use these services. They may arrange an assessment.
- ask about your support needs and goals, and
- make a care plan for you.
Family, friends, health professionals and community organisations can refer you.
They cannot do this unless you agree.
When you speak to them, tell them if you need an interpreter and translated information.
People over 65 years
Call My Aged Care Centre on 1800 200 422 from:
- 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and
- 10am to 2pm on Saturday.
For an interpreter call 131 450. You can find more information at My Aged Care website.
Their staff will see if you can use these services. They may arrange a free assessment at your home.
During the assessment, you can talk about the support you need.
They can make your care plan and help you choose a service provider.
If you're representing someone, you must provide a signed consent form. Or, the person you represent can agree to this over the phone.
We value our community's diversity and offer services for these groups:
- people from a non-English speaking background
- First Nations people
- people experiencing dementia or related disorders
- people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
All services are given based on needs.
We prioritise for those with most need, who are:
- unable to perform tasks for themselves, and
- have no other support options available.