Prevent family violence
If you or someone you know needs help
Call 000 if you are in immediate danger
Preventing family violence
Family violence and violence against women is serious and widespread in Australia.
Its impact and social costs are huge.
It's our goal to:
- reduce all violence
- promote inclusivity and respect
- lead our community in gender equality.
Preventing violence and injury is part of the Stonnington Public Health and Wellbeing Plan(PDF, 12MB).
Preventing Violence Together Strategy
We have signed up to Preventing Violence Together Strategy.
The Strategy is the result of collaboration between:
- Women's Health in the South-East (WHISE)
- community and women’s health services
- local government
- primary care partnerships, and
- key health organisations.
The Strategy explores the causes of violence against women and promotes collective action in the region.