In Stonnington, there are 40 Kindergarten centres that offer a range of programs and hours to suit your family.
When to send your child to kindergarten
If your child is born 1 May 2018 to 30 April 2019, register for four-year old kinder in 2023.
If your child is born 1 May 2019 to 30 April 2020
- register for three-year-old kinder in 2023
- register for four-year-old kinder in 2024.
If your child is born 1 May 2020 to 30 April 2021
- register for either three-year-old kinder in 2024
- submit an expression of interest for four-year-old kinder in 2025.
For your child to attend school at the right time, they should either:
- turn three by 30 April of the year they start a three-year-old kindergarten program
- turn four by 30 April of the year they start a four-year-old kindergarten program.
If your child is born between 1 January to 30 April, you may have a choice for the year they start kindergarten as this impacts the year they start school.
An expression of interest allows us to contact you closer to the opening of registrations for your child's kinder year.
How to register
There are 44 kindergarten providers in Stonnington which offer a range of programs for your child.
You can register your child for kindergarten in one of two ways by:
- contacting the centre directly for any kindergarten
- submitting a registration with us for the specific Central Registration Scheme (CRS) kindergarten providers.
The CRS allows you to:
- submit one application for a single fee of $27
- be allocated to your preference of programs
- avoid contacting each provider individually and paying individual registration fees.
To register for placement at any one of the CRS providers, go to our register for kindergarten page.
If you would like your child to attend any other kindergarten provider, or for information about specific programs, please contact the individual kindergarten services.
CRS kindergarten providers
What if your child isn't old enough?
If your child is not yet old enough to register for kindergarten, we encourage you to submit an expression of interest.
This means we will contact you closer to the opening of registrations for your child's kinder year.
Express your interest
What are the immunisation requirements?
According to the No Jab, No Play law in Victoria, your child must be fully vaccinated to start kindergarten. You should ensure that your child’s immunisations are up to date and you have a copy of the Immunisation History Statement before starting the enrolment process with your kindergarten provider.
Children experiencing vulnerability and disadvantage can enrol in a service without providing proof of up-to-date immunisation. The child must be vaccinated and provide an Immunisation History Statement within 16 weeks of enrolling.
For more information on immunisation requirements, visit Victoria Government's Immunisation page.