Obtaining property information

You can request information about a building or land from Council. 

Applying for information

You can apply online for information about whether a building certificate has been issued in the last 10 years:

Apply online via eServices

You can also download and submit one of the forms below:

  • Building permits
  • Occupancy Permits
  • Certificates of Final Inspection

Submit the completed forms to council@stonnington.vic.gov.au

There’s a section in the Building Regulations 2018 dedicated to information requests:

Regulation 51 (1)

This section of the regulations relates to building particulars on the property, generally for sales purposes. 

In the case of a property development, a building surveyor can request information to check if there are any current building notices or orders. 

Under Regulation 51 (1) you can request details of any:

  • permit or certificate of final inspection issued in the preceding 10 years
  • current notice or order issued by the relevant building surveyor
  • current determination made under regulation 64(1) or exemption granted under regulation 231(2).

Regulation 51 (2)

This section of the regulations relates to whether the building or land is in an area:

  • liable to flooding within the meaning of Regulation 5(2)
  • designated under Regulation 150 as an area in which buildings are likely to be subject to termites
  • designated under Regulation 152 as likely to be subject to significant snowfalls
  • designated land under or works within the meaning of Regulation 154.

Property information fees

  • Flooding/Certificates - Regulation 51: $47.24
  • Priority same day service fee per request: $70.00
  • Stormwater Point of Discharge - Regulation 133: $144.69