Road Occupation Permit
You need to apply for a Road Occupation Permit if you intend to occupy Council land while doing any of the following:
- Carry out construction works or use a concrete pump.
- Use a mobile crane or travel tower (if you apply for a crane permit, and the crane overhangs or encroaches above a property not related to your works, you need written consent from the airspace owner).
- Store building materials, plants, equipment, site sheds or machinery.
We need a minimum of 10 days to assess applications.
If further internal referrals are needed, we will need longer than 10 days.
Applying for a Road Occupation permit
Apply online for Road Occupation Permit through eServices
As part of the application, you need to provide:
- A completed application form(DOC, 1022KB).
- A fully scaled, detailed site plan indicating the size and site.
- VicRoads Memorandum of Authorisation (MoA), if necessary. (If your works are on a designated VicRoads road, you need to provide a MoA.)
- A detailed traffic management plan.
- A copy of a current certificate of public liability for $20 million.
For more information, call us on 03 8290 1333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.