Road Occupation Permit

You need to apply for a Road Occupation Permit if you intend to occupy Council land while doing any of the following:

  • Carry out construction works or use a concrete pump.
  • Use a mobile crane or travel tower (if you apply for a crane permit, and the crane overhangs or encroaches above a property not related to your works, you need written consent from the airspace owner).
  • Store building materials, plants, equipment, site sheds or machinery.

We need a minimum of 10 days to assess applications.

If further internal referrals are needed, we will need longer than 10 days. 

As part of the application, you need to provide:

  • A completed application form(DOC, 1022KB).
  • A fully scaled, detailed site plan indicating the size and site.
  • VicRoads Memorandum of Authorisation (MoA), if necessary. (If your works are on a designated VicRoads road, you need to provide a MoA.)
  • A detailed traffic management plan.
  • A copy of a current certificate of public liability for $20 million
  • Payment of the permit fee

For more information, call us on 03 8290 1333 or email