Starting, buying or running a business
Not sure where to start?
If you’re not sure where to begin or want some pre-application advice, reach out to our dedicated Business Concierge. They can help you:
- navigate the permit process if you are opening, building or buying a business
- understand what permits you do and don’t need
- understand what order you need to submit applications
- put together the right documentation when applying for permits
- get information and advice across Council.
To get started, contact our Business Concierge at email@example.com or on 03 8290 1333.
Find what permits you need
Answer a few basic questions about your business in our Permit Finder to see what permits you may need.
Use our Permit Finder
The Permit Finder will help if you are:
- starting or opening a new business
- building new premises
- renovating or constructing a new fit-out
- looking to sell goods or display signage on the footpath
- looking to start outdoor or roadside dining
- changing anything about your business (e.g. opening hours, new signage or increasing accessibility)
- buying a business
- starting a home-based business.
From there, you can get in contact with our Business Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice or start applying.
Browse all permits
If you know what permits you need, read about each one and begin the application process from our Business permits and regulations page.