You must have a permit to perform as a busker in Stonnington.
A busker provides street entertainment for passers-by and does not charge a set fee. They can be musical performers, singers, comedians, theatrical and performance artists.
Busking does not include tarot readers, fortune tellers and sketch artists. These activities are considered hawking and are not permitted.
Busking permits are issued for either six-month period:
- 1 October to 31 March
- 1 April to 30 September
Use our Permit Finder if you're not sure what permits you need.
Conditions you should know about busking in Stonnington:
- Busking is only allowed between the hours of 7 am to 11 pm.
- Busking groups of more than six people are not permitted without special approval.
- Busking in front of or around town halls and other Council buildings is generally not permitted during business hours.
- Amplified music or percussion-type instruments are not permitted.
- The busker must always have the permit with them when performing.
- Buskers cannot sell any merchandise or product.
- Children aged under 13 years must be accompanied by a person aged over 16 years and have with them written permission from their parent or guardian.
- Children aged between 13 and 16 years must have written permission from their parent or guardian.
Before applying, read the Busking Permit Conditions.