Originally, the site of a natural spring had been used by the Wurundjeri people. The 13 acres of land were set aside in 1866 to supply the developing suburb with water. Work began to convert the reserve into Malvern's first public garden in 1888 and continued over the next 20 years.
For more information, contact the Stonnington History Centre.
The nearest public transport services are:
- Tram route 6 along High Street
- Tram route 72 along Malvern Road
- Tram route 16 along Glenferrie Road.
Use Public Transport Victoria's Journey planner.