Request pre-application advice
Some land use and permit applications are more complex than others.
You can ask for pre-application advice in these cases.
We can help you with pre-application advice for:
- developments where it’s not clear from policy if it complies with relevant planning controls
- developments of three levels or more
- full demolition of a building in a Heritage Overlay and proposed replacement building
- multi-unit developments
- non-residential use of a residential zone.
First, we’ll need a few documents from you:
- a completed pre-application form or clear summary of the project
- a site plan and any photos of the site and surrounds
- concept drawings
- any other information to help us assess your proposal.
What if I need advice that's not covered here?
Our planners are always here to help.
Call a Stonnington duty planner on 03 8290 3329 or drop in during business hours.
You'll find us at 311 Glenferrie Road, Malvern.
If you visit outside our busy time (from midday to 2pm), we will have more time to talk.
Ask for pre-application advice
Use the Planning Register in our ePlanning portal to request pre-application advice.
When you've done this and provided enough information on your proposal, a planner will assess your proposal and give you advice.
Can I send a request by mail?
Fill out the pre-application advice request form(PDF, 139KB) and send it to the address on the form.
Don’t forget to include all relevant documents (site plans, concept drawings, photos, etc.).