This service will be available to older residents and people living with disability or limited mobility who live independently to access a list of pre-approved community-based programs. Low level staffing support to assist participation based on an initial and annual assessment of risk to self, others and staff will be required to use this service. Destinations are subject to change based on viability of route and will be reviewed quarterly. Council will determine fees for service as part of its annual budget process.
Participants or programs will be ineligible if the:
- organisation, program or activity is funded under National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- organisation, program or activity is receiving aged care funding (including residential aged)
- organisation is commercial or activity is profit-making
- organisation, program or activity considered the responsibility of state or federal government to fund (e.g. education programs)
- key focus of the organisation, program or activity is to promote political, religious or spiritual beliefs
- organisation has entered into service or funding agreements with the Council to deliver agreed health and other supports, including transport.